1. What is home health care?
Jaisohn Home Health Care provides professional medical home health care services that can be given in your home from a hospital stay, surgery, an illness or injury. Home health care qualifications include: a need for skilled care as ordered by a physician. Skilled care is a term that refers to a patient’s need for care or treatment that can only be done by licensed or certified medical healthcare professionals.
Examples of skilled home health services include:
- Monitoring serious illness and unstable health status
- Wound care for pressure sores or a surgical wound
- Medication teaching and/or administration (such as injections and I.V.’s)
- The need for rehabilitative services (such as Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy)
The goal of home health care is to treat and help you recover from an illness or injury. Home health care helps you get better, regain your independence, and become as self-sufficient as possible.
2. What should I expect from my home health care?
Doctor’s orders are needed to start care. Once your doctor refers you for home health care services, Jaisohn Home Health Care will contact you to schedule an appointment and come to your home to talk to you about your needs and ask you some questions about your health and complete an initial physical assessment.
Jaisohn Home Health Care staff will also talk to your doctor about your care and keep your doctor updated about your progress.
We will work with you to develop a care plan that is individualized to meet your needs.
Examples of what the home health staff will do:
- Check what you’re eating and drinking.
- Check your blood pressure, temperature, heart rate, and breathing.
- Teach and check that you are taking your medications and any treatments correctly.
- Ask if you’re having pain.
- Check your safety in the home.
- Teach you about your care so that you can take care of yourself or teach your caregiver to become independent in your care.
- Coordinate your care. This means they will communicate regularly with you and/or your caregiver, your doctor, and the rest of the team that is providing care to you.
3. Who Pays for Home Health Care?
Many Health Insurance policies pay for home health care services such as Traditional Medicare, Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicaid, Medicaid Managed Care Plans, Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO’s) and private insurances. Contact us and we can assist you with finding out what your insurance policy covers for home health care services.
Our Service Area in PA
Jaisohn Home Health Care Services
provides home health services throughout
Philadelphia, Montgomery, Bucks and
Delaware Counties PA.
Our office is open from 9:00am-5:00pm
Monday – Friday.
We have staff on call during off hours to
assist with any concerns. (24/7)
Please Call (267) 789-5351 or
fill out the form anytime.